Click here for:
About people you know
SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT (STRS)
· STRS- A CLASS OF 1954 CONCIEVED INITIATIVE
· STRS- A DARTMOUTH FIRST
· STRS- A TEST FOR ONLY THE CLASS OF 1954
· STRS- A CHANCE TO START A TRADITION
· STRS- A CHANCE TO CREATE THE MOTHER OF ALL MATCHING GIFTS
· STRS- A once in a lifetime chance to “Set the REcord Straight”
· STRS- A CHANCE TO MAKE HISTORY
Dear fellow classmates,
When I saw our class giving record I immediately went to my name and saw that I gave 52 of 55 years. Why I missed those three years or even when I did is not known but I wished I could make them up. I then noticed 99 classmates were exemplars with a 55 for 55 year giving record. There where 33 guys who missed only one year and 34 who missed two, etc. Among those who missed a year or several were some of our most generous and active classmates. Clearly the years missed were not a measure of the love for and support of the College. I felt however, that there may be a bunch of us who would like to “Set the Record Straight” if given the opportunity. Was this ever done at Dartmouth? Would the college buy into the idea? To my great surprise the concept had “never” been done at Dartmouth and the DCF Executive Director “loved the Idea”. She said that the
Class of 1954 would be the “only” class to have this opportunity and that we would be the “test” for the College. If successful then each other class would get a one time shot to STRS! Just imagine the PR for the class of 1954 and the benefit to the College!
1) You must give to the 2010 DCF at a level near your non-reunion year average to qualify for Strs.
2) YOUR giving base for STRS is your most recent 4YR. non-reunion average.
3) Your total amount due is the base times the years missed.
4) Your STRS payment should be made out to the DCF with a margin note “for STRS”.
5) Payment should be in before 6/30/2010
Your record shows: Years given: x of 55
Base (4 non-reunion average) = B
Total due: Year = STRS YEARS x B
WE ALREADY HAVE $28,600 pledged TO STRS!
I hope you will consider strs participation.
Please feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 508-362-3522
Shelly Woolf Head Agent
First some background, my research shows the following regarding the exec. comm., 50% have
1) would YOU SUPPORT the “STRS” program as explained?
2) would you be able to pay your pledge before 6/30/2010? If not how much time would you need?
3) YOUR 3YR. aver. non-reunion gift: numer of years for STRS and the total amount DUE ARE noted IN THE attached e-mail.
4) do you have any questions or suggestions?
Thanks for your input and hopefully enthusiastic support. Shel
I hope everyone will be enthused about the potential of this break through effort.