91s in the news:
- "Brad Ausmus Hired as Tigers' Manager After Leyland's Retirement"
Former catcher Brad Ausmus was hired by the Detroit Tigers to replace Jim Leyland as manager of a team that's won three straight division titles and reached the American League Championship Series the past three years. (November 4, 2013)
- "Leading the GMO food fight"
According to Dave Murphy, the national movement to label genetically modified organisms, or GMOs, sprang to life in 2007 because of presidential candidate Barack Obama, the same man Murphy now criticizes as inactive on the issue. (October 22, 2013)
- "EnerNOC a big player in energy efficiency"
Chief executive Tim Healy, 44, spoke with Globe reporter Erin Ailworth about EnerNOC's growth, its role in keeping the regional power grid stable earlier this month, and why its nearly 82,000-square-foot office space is full of toys. (July 27, 2013)
- "Musical Instrument Museum Names Carrie Heinonen President"
Phoenix's Musical Instrument Museum has named Carrie Heinonen as its new president and director. (July 9, 2013)
- "Jake Tapper, Philadelphia boy to CNN 'Lead'"
From less-fancy Philly, Tapper's twisty road has run through Dartmouth College, political PR, nonprofit advocacy, cartoons and caricatures, journalism for Salon in the early aughts, a decade at ABC, and now, the hosting job on CNN's 4 p.m. weekday show. (April 8, 2013)
- Class Notes for November/December 2013 are now available.
- Join your classmates on Facebook! All the kids are doing it. Please visit the Dartmouth Class of 1991 page to get news and event announcements from the class.
- As Dartmouth's applicant pool has grown over the last decade, the alumni interview has become more important than ever. If you are interested in interviewing, sign up by clicking the "Sign Up for Interviewing" link here.