So here are the quick hit updates people sent me (many of this will be in the alumni notes in mid-October):
- Jamal Brown will be working at Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders
and will be serving as the ‘08 Head Agent with Charlie Volanakis over the
next five years.
- Cher Zhao and Greg Haines are traveling around China in September while Cher takes a break from working at Mass General Hospital doing stem cell research. She is currently living in Boston with Alex Cushman and Patrick Dooley.
- Emmett Knox is playing music in the greater Boston area. A week and a half ago I went with a few other 08s to see his new band, The Van Buren Boys.
- Whitney Norton is working for the National Campaign for Fair Elections and looking for interns (if you know anyone looking for something for the fall, they can contact her at email@example.com).
- Nick Ortiz is in his first year of law school at American University.
- Kelsey Blodget is an Associate Producer at Beet.TV, a video blog that covers digital media, and freelancing for Conde Nast Traveler. She recently interviewed the rapper Consequence.
- Stuart Reid is an assistant editor at Foreign Affairs Magazine.
- Rebekah Rombom is working as Associate Editor at SheFinds.com. Go to the site so she will get a bigger bonus – and then maybe buy you a drink if you see her out and about in New York.
- Bo Huang is working at Deutsche Bank in sales and trading.
- Joe Braunreuther writes that he’s living with Wes Clark, Josh Green, Jon Smith and Mike Kreicher, and tells people to “Give us a holler if you’re around. Josh makes a mean chicken!”
Elsewhere in the Northeast
- J.B. Cholnoky is teaching U.S. History at Choate, a prep boarding school in Connecticut (and his alma mater), and is the assistant coach of both the crew and wrestling teams.
- Haley Morris is working in Manchester, New Hampshire as the Surrogate Scheduler/Press Assistant for the Jeanne Shaheen for Senate Campaign. I went out in Manchester with Haley, Alysia Harris, Julia Jacobsen, Lisa Moon and Nicole Cameli ‘07 in Manchester a couple weeks ago for a fun night of karaoke. Too bad you all missed it.
- Josh Feder spent the summer working at the New London Barn Playhouse and after one more term at Dartmouth in the fall, will start as the Production Coordinator for the Festival of New Musicals at the Goodspeed Opera House in East Haddam, CT in January.
- Erin Johnson is about to start teaching in Philadelphis through Teach for America.
The West Coast
- Chris Knape is working for BCG in San Francisco.
- Zach Mayer is out in Oakland and wants to hear from other 08s in the Bay Area.
- Brian Fortin is starting an internship at the Seattle Repertory Theatre next month and would love to hear from anyone else who will be in Seattle.
- Maryanna Brown is “using her Dartmouth education to twist pretzels at the Alaska State Fair” (her words, not mine).
Elsewhere in the U.S.
- Josh Ring is in Indianapolis, rebuilding an old farmhouse and starting is work with stem cell research at a pediatric hospital.
- Veronica de Zayas just started law school at Notre Dame, and says she “loves every minute! And there are a lot of minutes, let me tell you. I’ve never worked so hard.”
- Idan Ariel is starting a Ph. D. program in Clinical Psychology at the University of South Florida in Tampa researching alcohol addictions.
- Cassandre Tanner, Jamie Tansey, Joe Guarnery, Jon Marable, Kiersten Hallquist, Maggie Severns-O’Neill and Nick Williams are all teaching for a year in the Marshall Islands through the Dartmouth Volunteer Teaching Program.
- Matt Mackey is teaching English in Tottori, Japan for a year while applying to med schols and hoping for the best for his prospects for 2009 and beyond.
- Andrew Klein and Amanda Webb are both teaching in Greece for a year.
- Melissa Rudd is in Jerusalem studying at a Yeshiva and reports she really needs to improve her Hebrew.
- Adria Buchanan is in Bangalore, India working for an urban planning organization called Indian Urban Space and says if anyone is in the area, they should come visit.
- Travis Green is leaving to Ireland this Friday to take classes at University College Dublin and get a Master’s in Cognitive Science. He says he’ll give anyone a place to crash in Dublin if they are bored.
- Elise Braunschweig is working for Grassroots Soccer in Zambia.
- Haley Bolin is doing anti-trafficking work for the International Justice Mission in the Philippines for the next year.
- Ren Chen is in Hong Kong working for Lehman Brothers as an ECM banker.