The Dartmouth Club of Fairfield County
serves all Dartmouth College graduates,
current students and their parents, and
friends, through social, community service and
applicant-interviewing activities. We
also help with internships, job placement and
welcome your participation in any way possible
-- attending events, interviewing undergraduate
applicants, providing imagination and
coordinating activities, and, of course,
providing dues and contributions to our
scholarship fund. Just contact us at
the Autumn 2012 Newsletter |
(PDF, 244 KB)
UPCOMING EVENTS - 2012
HOLIDAY RECEPTION AND
WHAT: Holiday Reception and Concert by the Dartmouth Aires and the
WHEN: Tuesday, 11 December 2012, 7:00p - 9:00p.
WHERE: Richard's of Greenwich, 359 Greenwich Ave, Greenwich
CT / USA. Parking on site or nearby street.
SPONSORED BY: The Mitchell Family and the Dartmouth Club of
Fairfield County (CT)
COST: $35 per person, $20 for children 12 and under, and
complimentary for current Dartmouth undergraduates and
2017’s. Payable at the door via cash, or check made out to
"DCFC". Includes wine and other beverages, plus hearty
RESERVATIONS: Preferred; via email to Nancy Lomazzo '87 at
DCFC@Dartmouth.org or 1-203-559-1451 (Cell).
SCHEDULE NOTE: This event was originally scheduled for
Wednesday, December 12. However, the Dartmouth
Aires were invited to the White House on that date,
requiring a schedule change.
WHEN: Generally the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
WHERE: Fairfield County Hunt Club, Long Lots Road, Westport
SPONSORED BY: Dartmouth Club of Eastern Fairfield
COST: Shared among partipants; generally about $15 per
RESERVATIONS: Preferred but not required.
CONTACT: to get on Arlene Johnson S59's
email distribution list.
WHEN: Generally November through mid-February of each
WHERE: Usually your home or the home of another alumni/ae
CONTACT: District Enrollment Director Kenny Wachtel at the
DCFC email address.
- 2012 Spring Event with Steve Mandel ’78, Chairman of
Dartmouth’s Board of Trustees. Thanks to Steve for
joining us and to John Fisher ’74 for organizing this
- 2011 Holiday Party at Richards of Greenwich, co-hosted
by the Mitchell family.
- Class of 2016 applicant interviewing. Thanks to
the Citrin family for hosting this year's area Send-Off
- Fall 2008 to Winter 2009 - Class of 2013 interviewing.
- 17 Dec 2008 - Holiday Reception and Dartmouth Aires
Performance, at Richards
of Greenwich, Connecticut. Sponsored by
the Mitchell Family and the Dartmouth Club of Fairfield
County. Catering by Plum Pure Foods.
- 19 Apr 2008 - An Evening with Paul
Gigot '77, Editorial Page Editor of the Wall Street Journal.
- 14 Dec 2007 - Holiday Reception and
Dartmouth Aires Performance, at Richards of
- 6 Oct 2007 (Sat) - Dartmouth varsity
football versus Yale, in New Haven, with pre-game
- 25 Aug 2007 (Sat)- Class of 2011
Sendoff Pizza Party, Greenwich CT.
- 15 Aug 2007 (Wed) - DCEFC/DCFC Monthly
Luncheon.29 July 2007 (Sun) - Bridgeport Bluefish
- 11 May 2007 (Fri) - DCEFC/DCFC Annual
Dinner and Election of Officers, The Field Restaurant,
Black Rock CT.
- 9 Dec 2006 (Sat) - An Evening with
President James Wright '64a, Fairfield CT.
- 27 Aug 2006 (Sun) - Class of
2010 Sendoff Pizza Party #2, Southport CT.
- 21 Aug 2006 (Mon) - Dartmouth's
vegetable-oil-powered "Big Green Bus" in Stamford,
- 20 Aug 2006 (Sun) - Class of 2010 Sendoff Pizza Party
#1, Greenwich CT.
- 30 March 2006 - Tuck Reception, Greenwich (6:00p
- 18 March 2006 - Men's Varsity
Lacrosse vs Air Force, Ridgefield High School (1:00p).
- March 8, 2006 - Monthly Luncheon, Rowayton CT.
- March 4, 2006 - Men's Varsity Lacrosse at Fairfield
University, Fairfield CT.
- 2 March 2006 - "Focus on
Faculty" evening reception, presentation and
discussion with two Dartmouth faculty members, Norwalk
[POSTPONED DUE TO SNOWSTORM].
- October 2005 through February
2006 - Interviewing Class of 2010 applicants.
- December 12 (Monday) - Holiday Reception and Dartmouth
Aires Concert, at Richards of Greenwich (see photos
- The DCFC sponsored two wildly-successful Sendoff Pizza
Parties for the local Class of 2009 and their
parents. One was August 20th in Wilton, and the
other was a week later in Greenwich. We also had a
few '08s at each event to provide Sage Advice!
- The DCFC's annual "Community
Service Day" was 25 June, 2005. We helped
Habitat for Humanity organization build a new house in
nearby Bridgeport, Connecticut.
- May 2005 - Our Annual Dinner may featured Dartmouth's
new varsity football coach, Buddy Teevens '79.