May 1, 2004
On May 26, 2004 we will be holding our fourth event. Dr. Janet Rossant will speak to us on Stem Cells - the Promise and Perils. Please bring your own lunch; beverages will be provided. Visit our events section for details.
January 8, 2004
On January 13, 2003, we will be holding our third event. David Pecaut plans to speak about fulfilling the vision of Toronto, a compelling topic given the recent change of leadership at the city, provincial, and federal levels of government. As Chair of the Toronto City Summit Alliance, David Pecaut has catalyzed a coalition of GTA civic leaders to work together and revitalize the region. His efforts have contributed to a constructive public dialogue and action plan for the city.
Lunch will be served. Please visit our events section for details.
November 29, 2003
On December 9, 2003 we will be holding our second event. Please visit our events section for details.
November 28, 2003
Welcome to the Dartmouth Club of Toronto! We have recently resurrected our club and we are happy to say that interest is strong. Our inaugural meeting in Toronto was attended by several dozen alumni. There are a few hundred Dartmouth and Tuck alumni in Ontario, and we have ambitious goals for this organization. Some of our goals include
- maintaining the sense of community that we experienced at Dartmouth by meeting regularly
- providing an intellectual oasis to our members by inviting interesting speakers to address us from time to time
- being active and contributing members of our local community by planning events to benefit the community
- raising the profile of Dartmouth in Toronto by inviting the public to participate in some of our events and to benefit from our work
- assisting the college with its prospective and new students by meeting prospects, students, and young alumni
This site will serve as an important means of communication for our members, and while it is brand new at this point, it will grow and serve us very well in the future.
We welcome your comments and suggestions that would help our club be the best that it can be.